What am I reading?
- The Proposal, Jasmine Guillory - Still reading this. Still not really into it. Still a bit too romance-ey focused for me. It hasn't got any better.
- The Trial, Franz Kafka - I haven't made much progress in this. Mainly because it's a hard copy book and I left it in the car for a while. I will make an effort to go and get it and continue reading it.
- Health and/or Science-related non-fiction
- The Health Gap, Michael Marmot - slowly but surely progressing with this.
- The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, Thomas Kuhn - makes you realise that nothing is new, there is always a crisis that stimulates innovation
- Personal development
- The Icarus Deception, by Seth Godin (audiobook) - I'm a bit of a Seth Godin disciple. He really speaks to me in a way that makes me want to stop thinking/talking and start doing. I find his work really encouraging and inspiring.
- Something creative
- Draft No. 4: On the Writing Process, by John McPhee - this guy takes non-fiction writing to the next level. Really getting me thinking about structure in a different way than I'm used to.
What quote am I thinking about?
"A research imagination takes time to develop: something that is part of the research apprenticeship.[...] the research imagination is about: having a broad view on a topic; being open to ideas regardless of how or where they originates; scrutinizing ideas, methods and arguments regardless of who proposed them; playing with different ideas in order to see if links can be made; following ideas to see where they might lead; and it is about being scholarly in your work" Hart, 1998, Doing a Literature Review. Releasing the Social Science Research Imagination: p29-30
What am I working on?
- What I should be working on - PhD Papers!!
- Literature review looking at the medication management literature in cancer
- Inattentional Blindness and Other Lessons Learned from Exploring the Experiences of Pharmacists in Cancer Care
- Blessed are the Generalists, for They Shall Make Sense of the Mess: Exploring the role of generalist pharmacists in cancer care
- 99 Problems and the Medicines are One: Experiences of People Using Medicines to Manage Pre-Existing Chronic Conditions Through Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
- What I feel like working on - (not so) secret project
- Unspecialised Medicine platform